Snagged from chasezgranger
1. What did you do in 2006 that you'd never done before?
Started a full-time job.
2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
It’s the same as last year: get a good job!
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Nope, I’m still sort of in the age group where people are moving in together and maybe think about getting married, but no babies yet.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
My cat did.
5. What countries did you visit?
Norway, Mexico, Guatemala and Greece.
6. What would you like to have in 2007 that you lacked in 2006?
A brother who can provide for himself.
7. What date from 2006 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
October, 4th. This is “animal day” in the Netherlands, but it was actually the day my kitty passed away.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Being completely self-sufficient.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Failing my driver's exam. 3x.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
11. What was the best thing you bought?
My new kitty.
12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
My friends were all there for me whenever I needed them.
13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
14. Where did most of your money go?
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
My vacations abroad!
16. What song will always remind you of 2006?
Starlight, by Muse
17. Compared to this time last year, are you happier or sadder?
Kinda the same.
ii. thinner or fatter?
I was in the best shape ever, but the holidays have ruined it!
iii. richer or poorer?
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
20. How did you spend Christmas?
With my family and two kitties at home.
21. If you could relive one thing in 2006 so that you could have acted differently, what would that be?
Get a different job.
22. Did you fall in love in 2006?
Sadly, no. Where have all the men gone?
23. How many one night stands?
Er, none. Barely.
24. What was your favourite TV program?
Grey’s Anatomy, Gilmore Girls, Lost and the big winner: House MD.
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
Sort of yes.
26. What was the best book you read?The Time Traveller’s Wife
, by Audrey Niffenegger.
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Can’t think of any… I haven't really been focussed on music.
28. What did you want and get?
A vacation. And a new laptop.
29. What did you want and not get?
No more complications.
30. What was your favourite film of this year?
I loved Superman.
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Had a little get together at my house, dinner with my family and bowling with friends.
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Again the job.
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2006?
34. What kept you sane?
The internet, fanfic.
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Right now, Jesse Spencer.
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
37. Who did you miss?
38. Who was the best new person you met?
My colleagues at work are cool.
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2006.
If you want things to change, you’ll have to do it yourself!
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
”Our hopes and expectations … Black holes and revelations.”